home about top10 photo tutorials recipe




Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Few Points of Pride

So, just a few points of pride this morning.

1) I'm up early. Good. I've been struggling to get up at eight lately and I'm much happier when I'm awake by seven.

2) I ran 1.5k last night, and then powerwalked/ran back. Whoohoo! I'm pretty sure that's a personal best. It felt amazing bossing my body around like that. I'm really starting to get to the point where I Get It. When I was a teen and even a child, I never saw the point of running for no reason. Now I get it. It feels amazing to make your body work like that. It will feel even more amazing when I'm not on the upper end of overweight and when my lungs get the hang of it. Which leads me to the next one...

3) I'm not obese any more! My BMI, as you may recall, was up in the obese category and I was pushing to overcome that within two weeks. Well, I lost that last four pounds in just ONE week! Last Wednesday! I cannot believe that I didn't run and post that right away. I am a size 14/XL, and I'm currently taking my goals five pounds at a time.

Also, my husband finally cut the piece of wood I needed to put in the back of an empty picture frame I was given, so I'll have a finished chalkboard sometime soon. Yaay!

3 comments:

  1. Krissy @ B.Inspired, Mama!September 10, 2009 at 12:30 PM

    Good for you! I am currently in the obese range and struggling with high cholesterol, too. Any tips for a fellow mama?

    Recent blog:=- Homemade Halloween Costumes plus a FREE Pattern Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell you what, I think I'll do an entire post on it either tonight or tomorrow. That's a good idea - it can be harder for a mama because you're not always on the top of your own priority list. Thanks for asking!

    Recent blog:=- Spellcheck

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's called the runner's high. And that is why I run too. XD

    ReplyDelete

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...