home about top10 photo tutorials recipe




Monday, May 26, 2008

The Serenity Prayer

 

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

I need this prayer right now. I need the courage, the wisdom, and the serenity this poem talks about. I'm going through some things right now, that I've technically been going through for about four years. But something has to be resolved soon, because I do not know how much more I can handle. Somebody else's problem... but mine at the same time. It hurts me, it haunts me, it makes me feel full of rage. It makes me feel powerless.  It makes me feel useless. It makes me feel so angry. It is a sin, and it leads me to sin. It ruins. I need the wisdom to know the difference. Is courage enough? Or do I accept that some things cannot be changed... and then do i take action, or just accept things for how they are?

Praying is the only thing I can do at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...