home about top10 photo tutorials recipe




Saturday, June 11, 2011

Clap your hands if you believe!

Do you believe in fairies? Clap your hands if you believe! Clap! Clap!

The other day Chris and I were talking about how Olivia goes down at Decent O’Clock now, and he was like, “Well, she didn’t go down all that badly before.”

I stared at him incredulously.

He stared back blankly.

“What… do you think a magical fairy comes and puts her down to sleep after you go to bed?" I asked.

He had the grace to look sheepish for a quick second, then flashed me a grin.

“Yup! The same one that does the dishes and the laundry!”

Touche, Chris. Touche.

(the ‘dishes fairy’ and ‘laundry fairy’ are often referenced in this house to remind my husband not to leave a trail of destruction behind him, else he tends to forget that he makes a mess because it magically vanishes.)

IMG_9286

random unrelated but pretty picture that will undoubtedly be very misleading in the ‘you might also enjoy’ thumbnails later

Speaking of Chris, as you may or may not have heard already, he’s going to be starting his own foundations business July 1st, CV Foundations. I’m so excited for him to be pursuing his dream of having his own business! I’m also breathing into a paper bag from time to time. A little trust and a lot of prayer and I’m sure we’ll be great, we’ve been planning this for a while now. (Well, I’m sure we’ll go down in flames with sirens blaring and an orchestra playing a sad, sad song. But that’s the paranoia talking.) Now that Olivia is settling down I can make plans and be organized, though, so I’m going to be working on my shop and hopefully I can get things going nicely next month and use that as spending money. Because our family money? I’m going to treat every dime like it’s the last. And of course we’re doing this in July, which is The Month Where Every Single Member Of Our Extended Family Has a Birthday. Well, I mean, practically. Handmade gifts for everybody! Yaaay! Uh… what do you make for 15 and 17 year old boys? My default boy-gift, Superhero Cape, might not cut it…

1 comment:

  1. My husband also believes in this fairy, it is amazing. I often wonder if deep down inside he also thinks that Santa is a real person :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...