home about top10 photo tutorials recipe




Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summertime, and the Living is Thrifty–Maggie of Smashed Peas and Carrots

summertime
 
I am pleased as punch to introduce to you today the super-sweet Maggie of Smashed Peas and Carrots. Maggie is one of those people who I’m pretty sure I would have a ridiculously good time laughing with. I can’t prove this, but I bet she would have a Really Good Laugh. What am I saying, would. I bet she DOES have. By no means am I indicating that Maggie has lived a life that has and will be devoid of laughter unless we happen to cross paths someday. She has kids, I’m pretty sure laughing is right up there with crying and touching poop in the ‘Its Inevitable’ category.
 
Maggie not only runs a household that includes three kids under four, she also runs a fabulous etsy shop that has the same name as her blog, full of adorable goodies. When she’s not being awesome at everything… well, she might be sleeping. Bet she’s an awesome sleeper, too. But I digress. Maggie is a thrifty queen, as evidenced by this big ol’ roundup of just a sampling of the thrifty projects that she’s already done on her blog. Maggie also is the one who shared that Sopapilla Cheesecake recipe I keep raving about (quite awkwardly, as I’m still not sure to pronounce it.)
 
 
Hi everyone!!  I'm Maggie from Smashed Peas and Carrots!  I'm excited to be here today to share a round-up of some Thrifty Living ideas from my blog.  I am a momma to three little ones four and under and I also own my own small business with my husband.  I know the fear that Laura and her husband have right now of not having a regular paycheck coming every week or every other week when you work as an employee for sure.  When we first opened our business it was extremely scary for us to not know if we would succeed but we are doing great and I'm sure your hubby will do awesome too!!
 
It's cool to be thrifty peeps!  Now let's rock out the round-up!!
 
Since it's summer, let me first share a few ideas I have for entertaining the kids this summer:
 
Blank Postcard Printables are perfect to give to your kids when momma needs a little downtime!
 
 
A Scavenger Hunt (and another free printable!) will be hours of entertainment for car rides, wagon rides and long walks around the block.
 
Why spend money on bubble solution when you can make your own Best Bubbles Ever...so easy and you get like 10x more for your money!!
 
Same goes with liquid sidewalk chalk...don't by that expensive Crayola stuff!!  Make your own Liquid Sidewalk Chalk here!
 
Are you thirsty for more?  How about some thriftiness for your home?!!
 
Ever thought about making your own air freshener?  It's so easy and much better for you and the environment.  Check out how to make your own Natural Air Freshener here!
 
You can even make your own deodorant!  You only need 3 ingredients...really!  I have been using this recipe for Natural Deodorant for years and I can vouch that it really, truly works!!
 
Do you need some easy thrifty recipes?  I thought so!  Here are a few good ones I pulled from my blog:
 
No need to spend money on those taco seasoning packets...save your money and make your own plus it won't have all the added junk in the ingredients.  Enjoy my Taco Seasoning recipe for your next taco night :-)
 
Store bought pizza sauce?  Umm why, especially when you can make it yourself in less than 5 minutes!! Check out my recipe here!
 
And my last one, I swear!  Here's a super yummy recipe for DIY granola bars...they are chewy and customizable, perfect for adding in any mix-ins you want!  See my Granola Bar recipe here!
 
I hope you enjoyed a small hint of some of the Thrifty Living ideas you can find on my blog!  Thanks for having me Laura!!
XOXO,

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing Maggie & Laura. These look like great thrifty ideas and perfect for the Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great ideas! I am definitely going to try the deodorant as I hate using the store bought kind, and my friends and family will be thrilled that I don't smell funny any more! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! I will be visiting often...


    www.dekotamaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...