home about top10 photo tutorials recipe




Monday, March 3, 2008

Ooh Baby

So, it's been a while. I'll start off by assuring the reader that my armpits have, in fact, returned to relative normalicy. We may all breathe a collective sigh of relief.
The Baby is seven months old now, and a complete nutcase. I mean that in the best way possible, of course. I refer to the fact that, for example, at six months old she learned to crawl, and then promptly decided that this was not quite ridiculously advanced enough for her, and proceeded to stand a few days later. Now at seven months she can walk around if you hold her hands, and today she stood completely independantly without holding onto anything for like thirty seconds; we were both pretty shocked, her and I, and stood there staring at each other, until she quietly and slowly crouched down and sat. That's right, you get back down there, I'm not ready for you to advance. Your peers are still working on starting to crawl, huffing as they wiggle thier little butts and contemplate where this could lead. Maybe go back to that.
No, I really do appreciate the fact that she's a quick learner. I'm sure as soon as she walks I'll retract that completely until she starts Kindergarten, but for now it's cute to watch her tiny little self cruise around the living room and walk around the furniture.
Today I once again went through the To Grow In To box. To my complete horror, when I was finished there were only seven things left in the box, four of which she could fit now but they are for the summer season. (Put her in a halter dress? In March? There's about three feet of snow laughing at the idea just outside my window.) I hope she has another phase like the one just previous to this, where she pretty much doesn't grow at all for months and months. I don't know what happened, one day her clothes were comfortable 3-6 months clothes and two weeks later the 6-9 months clothes were too snug. Little monster, that was a huge pile of really cute, not so cheap clothes. At least with the complete lack of wear and tear I can probably sell them for a pretty decent price yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...