home about top10 photo tutorials recipe




Tuesday, July 7, 2009

(a white)Christmas in July

Now, as those of you who know me irl and thusly have me on facebook have noticed, I have an ongoing battle going on with the weather. I'm losing, by the way. It has been noted that the weather would pretty much be nice all the time if I stayed inside. If I put up my laundry to dry? It pours. If I sit outside on a lawnchair? It pours. Get on a ferris wheel? Pours. Start the barbeque? CHRISTMAS IN JULY, THAT'S WHAT.

It's also been noted that once I run inside, the sun comes out.

Anywhoo. Christmas in July. Plus a minor flash flood in my backyard. Behold.







My hostas have been SLAUGHTERED. They are all pegged through with holes. For those who know nothing about plants, a) fear not, for I am one of you. My neighbour told me this was a hosta. and b) The hosta is the big green leafy one. And it looks like it had a run in with a smalltown teen with a BB gun.

And for the record, it was around 26 degrees celcious for most of the day. Then I fired up the barbeque, the sky got dark, the wind roared in and scared the pants off of me, effectively disarming the screen door in the process. So then I had no pants and Chris had to screw the army bracey thingy (technical jargon, it may be beyond your comprehension) back into the wall while I clung onto the door so it wouldn't slam open. All the while, our barbeque hissed and steamed.
And I really did have no pants, but to be more honest I actually took them off because when the sheet of water slammed into me I got soaked in two minutes. That top picture where you can see a few inches of water? I took that literally three minutes into the rain. YEAH. I KNOW.
PS for my reputation's sake, I will state that the pants where on during the screendoor part of the fiasco. I think I changed into shorts AFTER that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...