home about top10 photo tutorials recipe




Thursday, March 3, 2011

Project 52 5-8 … playing catchup

I haven’t really been keeping up with the themes each week, but I have been taking pictures, obviously. I just went through and picked my favourite from each week. I think it’s neat to see, I feel like I’ve been decidedly improving, now that I’m back to deliberately trying to work on my photography and take quality pictures in manual mode, as opposed to trying to take quick snapshots to try and capture those first few weeks of Olivia’s life.

5

Week 5 - Dirty, happy feet! This picture is from when I made cornstarch slime for Nicole and let her play in the bathtub. She really loved it. The lighting is very poor in my bathroom so this picture isn’t the best technical shot, but Project 52 is about life, not just photography. This was definitely the highlight of our week, at least as far as what I captured in photos was concerned.

6

Week 6 - Sisterly love. One of the most exciting things for me when I realized I was pregnant with our second child was that I would get to watch Nicole grow and develop as a big sister. When I realized I was having two girls in a row I was even more excited. Things aren’t always idealistic – Nicole has been known to hide Olivia’s toys in the back of closets and yesterday she poked her in the face with a skeet flinger – there is very definite mutual love and adoration between them. (I realize I posted this picture recently, and there’s been a few photo-repeats on the blog this past week… I apologize. Too many ‘project’ things, too few non-blurry photos of these munchkins!)

7

Week 7 – Nicole. There isn’t really a better way to describe this picture than just that… “Nicole." This photo sums her (good side) up to a ‘T’.

8 Week 8 – Olivia. And again. Funny that it worked out that way, but there you go. Olivia is a happy little bitty. I mean, Nicole is full of joy as well, obviously, but she’s more … a bit of a case study in extremes. Katy from No Big Dill sums it up nicely when she describes her daughter as her hotandcold child
A poem that reminds me of Nicole is this one:

“There was a little girl / who had a little curl / right in the middle of her forehead. / When she was good / She was very, very good. / But when she was bad / She was horrid.”

Olivia, on the other hand, is generally cheerful, but not often to the extreme for no reason. Since she was a baby, Nicole has always been either :D or D:< most of the time.  Olivia, on the other hand, has had her share of both, but is generally settled on :) unless she is very tired, very hungry, very teething, or being played with.

I love both my little personalities to bits and wouldn’t change a thing about either one of them.

(Sure, Nicole has been known to snap and just LOSE IT at me or any other authority figure with very little provocation. But she’s also the type to suddenly curl in close and mumble “I love you.” out of the blue. The type to make sure somebody, anybody pays attention when another child gets hurt. The type to grab any nearby child and start playing. The bad with the good! Cos hey… when she is good, she is very, very good.)

psssst… check this out. I’m hoping to participate. Even though I don’t have any boys.

I Am Momma Hear Me Roar

2 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful photographer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nik and Nicole sound like they would get along. I call him my very-very child. Everything is bigger with him. But, I think he may come by it honestly...

    A book you might like is 'Raising your Spirited Child' by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka. Her take has helped me to spin Nik's traits into some positive light, and deal better with him on the rough days. Most of the time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...