home about top10 photo tutorials recipe




Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hobo + FUDGE

So I'm a hobo now. Well, I have no job, or at least I don't work for anybody over the age of 14 months. My boss called me yesterday and told me she wanted to let me go because of my limited availability, and I told her that I was just about to talk to her the next day and suggest that she do just that. After they hired a new girl to replace one that quit, I suddenly had like one shift a week, which was obviously not because they needed me there. I didn't need the job, I figured it would be entertaining, and it was. But after a while I was just not a necessary fixture! The new girl (who, coincidentally, was my roomate a few years back!) needs the job to support herself, and is way more available. I don't begrudge anyone anything! I'm going to drop off my name tag along with some fudge for the staff meeting tonight, and a card to say goodbye and it was fun.

Speaking of fudge, I want to share the most sickeningly easy thing you can possibly do when you have company coming over last minute and no snacks to serve them, or you want to whip something up for somebody that looks 6million times more impressive than it really is... fudge!





1 bag of chocolate chips

1 can of sweetened condensed milk


put the above in a microwave safe bowl (plastic if you value your hands) at 50% power, 1 minute at a time and stirring at every minute. When you can see when you're stirring that it's starting to melt, stir it every thirty seconds. When it is all melted, put it in an icing bag (or, in my case, a cheap fold-over sandwich bag with a hole cut in it). This part is what really makes it impressive! Put the fudge in some some of mold. Ice cube trays work, especially silicone ones. My small ball came from a small ice cube tray with rounded silicone bottoms that I got from Dollarama. My bigger one looks sort of like a Reese's chocolate, I made that in a silicone mini-muffin pan!


When you're piping in the chocolate, just put your tip into the middle of your chocolate, don't move it, and just squeeze heavily until you're happy with how full it is. Your fudge should look smooth and pretty. If you try and get fancy by moving around the tip while squeezing, you could wind up making it look like a cow patty. If that's what you're aiming for, bless your heart, go ahead.
To really fancy these up, you can put things in the bottom or top. Bottom works best. Sprinkle in some walnuts before putting in the fudge... or Skor bits (big hit)... peanuts (add some peanut butter to your fudge if you're going to do this)... or pipe some white chocolate in before or after the fudge! (my cup shape one has some white chocolate in the bottom)
Then you can put it in either the fridge or freezer to set and keep, it won't make a big difference which one you choose, it will not get rock solid in the freezer.

(you likie the fabric in the background? it's out because I'm going to use it for either the ruffles or the body, haven't decided yet, of this Cup Day Twirl Skirt. Me likie <3

2 comments:

  1. How big a bag of chocolate chips?

    Thanks for the recipe! This might make it into my Xmas baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just the smaller/average size bag, not the econo-size... but if you have a bit more or a bit less it works fine too. If you use 3/4 bag of chocolate chips and a 1/4 of peanut butter or butterscotch chips that is super yum too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...