home about top10 photo tutorials recipe




Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HomeMade Laundry Detergent!

Little Birdie Secrets does it again... here's a homemade liquid laundry detergent! I really am going to have to try this one, because I have to use only name-brand soap because I need to use stuff that's fragrance-free and I haven't found anything cheap that is. (my mom is allergic to fragrance) But this recipe, the Birdies figured it probably cost around $2.50 for 5 gallons, around 160 loads. I'm not exactly sure what the price is, but I think I pay around $12 or so for 64 loads, something like that. Maybe more, maybe less. Definitely more than the $2.50 for 160 loads! And the ingredients aren't some mystical thing you have to search online for, they're all things you can find in your supermarket (or at least, in my supermarket)

Honestly, if you haven't already, add Little Birdie Secrets to your Bloglines (or whatever, your favourites list. I <3 bloglines though.).

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the bloggy love! So glad you liked this post. You don't have to use Fels Naphtha soap. It does have a little bit of fragrance to it. Not much but a tiny bit. Any good fragrance free soap works. I know some people like Dove or Ivory. Let us know how your batch turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use a liquid detergent that I make from Bodhi soap nuts. A natural nut from the Bodhi tree. Works really good and cost effective. Haven't done the actual calculations but it's been a long time since we've bought detergent and still working on the first bag of nuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorchick, you said in your comments on Little Birdie Secrets your mum has MCSD and I am curious if you have actually tried this? My little one has severe eczema and we've been tied to one laundry powder for years! They're changing the packaging and formulas right now so I'm unsure if we can keep using it, and the home made soap looks so much cheaper. If only it doesn't upset her skin. I'm not even sure I can buy the Borax laundry stuff in Aus, but I will definately try!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...