home about top10 photo tutorials recipe




Thursday, July 16, 2009

* I am what awesome is made of *

Ever get into one of those moods where you feel like that? I'm right there right now. At least, until I go back into the kitchen to clean up post-crafting, that is. HA.

I just finished a little sewing project / giftie. Inspired by the http://www.youcanmakethis.com/ name pillows, and to be honest I'm sure I've seen other name pillows too, but those are the first that pop into my head. This took me about three hours from start to finish, including the time spent placating my toddler and being anal-retentive. (ironing over and over, anyone?) These are quite possibly much simpler than the YCMT pillows, but I'm not sure.

This is an envelope pillow, camping-pillow sized. Camping pillows are available at walmart, and they're about, oh, half the size of a regular pillow? Perfect for toddler and perfect for little accent pillows, too!


If anyone wants a tutorial, speak now or forever hold your peace! Nicole wants to keep this pillow, but for obvious reasons she will not be getting her wishes, this will be going to her cousin Morgan for her 7th birthday gift. With a pillow inside, of course. Anywhoo, I have tons of extra fabric, and since this accidently matches the colours for Nicole's room (the blues in particular) I'll make her one almost the same. :) So if you want a tutorial, I'll make one!

The other reason I'm on cloud nine is I am feeling FABULOUS. I have been working out for at LEAST half an hour every day for the last few days. I'm pretty impressed with myself, and I'm starting to get that energy spike that comes with it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...