home about top10 photo tutorials recipe




Thursday, June 10, 2010

Its a windy day!

Nicole and I picked up a kite at Costco for her and Chris to fly together. She picked out the lizard, because “I love lizards!” Apparently. She wanted to fly it right away, of course, so I had to explain to her that kites can’t fly without wind, and you can tell it’s windy when the trees are moving. Every day after that the topic of the wind came up. “Is it a windy day?” “Trees not moving, mom. Not a windy day.” “Windy day tomorrow?” Finally, on Tuesday, a gust of wind whipped my hair as we were running errands, and without thinking about it I commented, “Wow, it sure is windy today!”

Oh, the look on Nicole’s face! “A WINDY DAY?!?!”

IMG_0321 IMG_0330 IMG_0333 IMG_0339 IMG_0346 IMG_0349 IMG_0383 IMG_0405  IMG_0416In the end, I’m not sure who had more fun, Chris or Nicole. I certainly had fun watching them, and taking pictures. (Yup, some of you guessed it, I did get my new camera!) I even flew the kite myself for a bit! IMG_0413   My favourite shot of the day. I think I’m going to get this one printed out in a large size, and I’m considering possibly doing something even more fun like a canvas or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...