home about top10 photo tutorials recipe




Monday, September 3, 2012

Shorts for a Small Man

Since Jackson was such a teeny tiny little man, initially he had no pants. There was one pair of tiny newborn-sized shorts that did fit him, and a pair of knit pants, but everything else was about twice his size. So after about two and a half weeks of getting by with just those bottoms, I decided he was going to stay small forever and made him this little pair of grey suiting-material shorts. So he promptly fattened up within a week, which I’m pretty sure was a direct result of sewing him clothes. So as a direct result of that, I have only these three quick shots of an unhappy Jackson in these spiff shorts, before they were outgrown. But hey, let me know if anyone is interested in a newborn-sized shorts pattern, because I did actually make a pattern piece for these bad boys. It would print onto one 8.5x11 sheet of paper.

IMG_0452

What have I not made? That’s right, masculine crib sheets. Although I’ll point out that white, tan, and brown are all neutral colors, so technically only 1 of the 4 colors in this sheet is feminine. *cough* Anyways, CanadianFabricStoreLand is having a big old sale in a week or so where flannel will go on sale for 4-something a meter and then I will buy some boy flannel and Jackson – who is quite secure in his manhood and unperturbed by the girly handmedowns he is faced with daily – will have some boyish sheets at last.

IMG_0454

And yes, he does have quite a dark skintone. 

IMG_0453

He’s going to grow up to be tall, dark, and handsome, just like his Papa. In my completely unbiased opinion.



150x200

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...