home about top10 photo tutorials recipe




Sunday, May 22, 2011

Love Handles cookies

Let’s keep it real and call it like it is, hm? I guess you could call them peanut-butter-toffee cookies but whatevs. I can’t eat much right now so I’m fantasizing about food, and since I’m in charge of dessert at my SILs today I figured I’d play around and make some new cookies.

1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
4 cups flour
1 small bag of peanut butter chips
1 small bag of Skor bits

cream butter/margarine with sugars and vanilla. I do it with my kitchenaid mixer, but you could do it with a hand mixer with dough hooks or just with a wooden spoon. Thumbs up for those of you who use a spoon, I tried to kick it old school with a spoon last week and felt very domestic right up until the forcefulness with which I was mixing caused the spoon to break and stab my hand. Needless to say I was traumatized and will be properly lazy henceforth.

Add eggs and blend quite well. Add baking soda and salt and blend quite well again, and then add in flour until it becomes a lovely dough. Once you’re satisfied with how well it’s blended, blend in your bags of Skor Bits and Peanut Butter Chips. I bought mine in the baking section of my local Safeway. I actually added the Skor first until it was blended, and then the peanut butter chips.

Scoop onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. If you want to be really fancy/decadent/naughty, melt some milk chocolate chips and put it in a plastic bag, snip off a corner, and drizzle the cookies with chocolate. Yummmmm.

I’ll add pics to this post in the next day or two, I’m in the middle of baking a batch right now.

I should warn you, this makes quite a large batch of cookies. You could cut the recipe in half, if that bothers you, but I’m actually more a fan of freezing and/or sharing, either the cookies or even the cookie dough itself.

 

I, for one, won’t be eating a lot of cookies anytime soon, as I’ve had some teeth pulled and now I also appear have an infection in a tooth that needs a root canal. The whole left side of my face is puffy, it’s pretty sexy, I’m not gonna lie. You know how when your mouth is frozen and you smile funny? That’s me right now, minus the freezing, plus some T3s. Rawr. That root canal is next on the menu, but seriously, it couldn’t have waited until my first side healed up? I really should have gotten all my wisdom teeth pulled as soon as they came in instead of waiting until they were causing me pain. There was never really room for them in my mouth in the first place, and now I need more dental work done than if I’d just pulled them in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...